The BMW 4 Series (F32, F33, F36) Service Manual: 2014-2016 contains in-depth maintenance, service and repair information for the BMW 4 Series from 2014 to 2016. The aim throughout has been simplicity and clarity, with practical explanations, step-by-step procedures and accurate specifications. Whether you're a professional or a do-it-yourself BMW owner, this manual helps you understand, care for and repair your 4 Series.
The do-it-yourself BMW owner will find this manual indispensable as a source of detailed maintenance and repair information. Even if you have no intention of working on your vehicle, you will find that reading and owning this manual makes it possible to discuss repairs more intelligently with a professional technician.
- Maintenance procedures from changing the cabin microfilter to replacing and registering a new battery. This manual tells you what to do and how and when to do it.
- Front-to-rear fluid and lubricant service, including xDrive transfer case fluid and ATF.
- Cylinder head cover gasket and crankshaft seal replacement.
- Cooling system, thermostat and radiator service.
- Gasoline fuel and ignition system diagrams and explanations for turbo-valvetronic-direct injection (TVDI) engines.
- Service and repair information on BMW EfficientDynamics technology, such as Valvetronic, xDrive, TwinPower turbo, and DSC (dynamic stability control).
- Twin scroll (gasoline) turbocharger replacement for 4- and 6-cylinder engines.
- Step-by-step variable camshaft timing (VANOS) service.
- Suspension repairs, including wheel bearing replacement.
- Brakes, steering and ABS troubleshooting and repair.
- Heating and air-conditioning repair, including A/C component replacement.
- Body and lid repairs and adjustments, including Gran Coupe tailgate and rear doors.
- Retractable hardtop service, including electrical, mechanical and hydraulic component operation, locations and replacement.
- Electrical system service, with an easy-to-use illustrated component locator section.
- Comprehensive wiring schematics, including fuses and grounds.
- BMW OBD II diagnostic trouble codes, SAE-defined OBD II P-codes, as well as basic scan tool operation.
- BMW factory tolerances, wear limits, adjustments and tightening torques.
- N20 engine: 428i, including xDrive
- N26 (SULEV) engine: 428i including xDrive
- N55 engine: 435i, including xDrive
Manual transmissions (remove, install, external service):
- GS6-17BG (4-cylinder models)
- GS6-45BZ (6-cylinder models, RWD)
- GS6X-45BZ (6-cylinder models, with xDrive)
Automatic transmissions (remove, install, external service):
Additional technical content
For additional technical content for the F32, F33, F36 platform BMW 4 Series models, visit our online technical library by clicking below.
Online Technical Library
BMW 4 Series MY 2014 - 2014 (F32, F33, F36) - Repair Information
Bentley technical editors angle-torquing front strut brace.
Learn how to reset condition-based service (CBS) intervals using iDrive.
130 Fuel Injection (N20, N26, N55 engine)
Direct fuel injection service, including replacing and resetting injector quantity compensation.
310 Front Suspension,
330 Rear Suspension
Drive axle, driveshaft and wheel bearing service.
541 Convertible Top
Retractable hardtop mechanical, electrical and hydraulic operation.